Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot with Top 10 customers AND...

I would like to show the sales revenue of the top ten customers (ranked by revenue). I have solved this.

Also I would like a subtotal of these, and on the next row, the subtotal of all the other customers (number 11 and up).

At bottom I would like a grand total for all customers, (number 1 and all).

So..

Customer 1

Customer 2

Customer 10

SUBTOTAL TOP 10

ALL OTHER CUSTOMERS

Grand TOTAL

Can anyone please help?

Thanks!

NorTor

Norway

29 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Dear Tor,

Was not sure of your requirements, therefore i have given you the top five customers irrespective of Cutomer Type. The new Top 5 Customer table in the file attached give you your top 5 customers accross the company and groups all others in 'Other Customers' which are stacked at the bottom.

Hope this is what you were after.

Regards

Rahul

Not applicable
Author

Dear Lakhina,

Thanks for your response.

I would like to get the result of Top 5 Customers being Sorted by their Sales Value

Just take the example for Customer Type = InterCompany,

Customer Type          Top 5                         Top 5 Customers          Sales

InterCompany            Top 5 Customers        Asia                              10519.91

Europe                         5617.99

AMericas                      3628.35

If Customer Type is External, and under Top 5 Customers, then the Top 5 Customers Column should start from the biggest Sales which are

MJ     18995.19

Metro  7857.02

CALA     3135.01

RYGJA     595.66

SAND     442.42

Expected Result.JPG

Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

Dear Lakhina,

Is it possible to achieve the above ?

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Like this!

Not applicable
Author

Dear Lakhina,

Unfortunately not or maybe I didn't get your point from  your qvw file.

Basically, my question is how to sort based on the sum(value) of the calculated dimension.

Lets take Example 1 from your qvw

The Top 5 Customers of External, there are 5 which show in the table as

RYGJA - $ 595.66

MJ - $ 18995.19

CALA - $ 3135.01

METRO - $ 7857.02

SAND - $ 442.42

I wish that it can be sorted descending based on Sum(Value) of the calculated dimension Top 5 Customers.

MJ - $ 18995.19

METRO - $ 7857.02

CALA - $ 3135.01

RYGJA - $ 595.66

SAND - $ 442.42

Is it possible ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tor,

I guess this why i have been stumped with your request. As in my copy or the copy that I sent to you the data is already sorted.

TorV2image.png

This has been achived by using an expression to sort the Top 5 Customers please see QVW for detail.

Regards

Rahul

Not applicable
Author

Dear Lakhina,

Sorry.. that's my mistake. It seems it didn't run using Qlikview 8.5 client. So I change to Qlikview 10 and yes, it is showing exactly as per your image.

Unfortunately, I still can't get it correct with my qvw. Sorry, I am quite new in Qlikview.

Could you help me with the data that I have ?

This is the source data (data_table_Jor)

And the other is expected_result_Jor which contains 2 worksheet.

Could you help me on that ? I tried to simulate based on your qvw but the result is always wrong, so I believe I have not understood much on the calculate dimension.

Not applicable
Author

Dear Tor,

It cannot be sorted individually by the month in the same table (as we are using month as a dimension) but it can be sorted by overall results i.e. sum of all months together. The same table should reflect the results of individual month on selection.

Hope the example attached works for you.

Regars

R

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for  your help Lakhina.

Unfortunately, due to the top 10 Charges can be different each month thus, the sorting must be done individual by month. If using your qvw sample, the top 10 Charge will be the same always or the value will not be sorted out correctly in the month.

Is there any other way by adding other dimension to help maybe ?

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

How are you? Hope you had a great weekend!

The only thing that can be done is creating a variable and letting the user decide what Month they want the table to be sorted on.

Please see example! I do not think anything else would work sorry.

Please mannualy enter Months 7 to 9 in the InputBox called VSortByMonth to see how the tables change.

Sorry could not be of much help

Regards

R