Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hello,

Hello,

am new to Qlikview. Would you please any one help me on these following issues.

1>   How to set different colors for the positive and negative values in the bar chart over a period of time ( Month is dimension)

2> How to write an  expression for the difference of sum(sales) for all months  ( Month is dimension, sum(sales) is expression)

ex: for the month for Feb'12, the expression should be difference of sum of Feb12 sales and sum of Jan12 sales.

Dimension : Month

Expression : Difference of sum (sales) with previous month.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Sivadandu,

As suggested by Gysbert... you can use Visual Cues but that is old fashioned way. Rather I'd recommend you to use Text Colour under expressions sign. I've made a video tutorial on how to use experssion attributes. Here is the link...please let me know if you need more information.

http://qlikshare.com/328

Cheers,

DV

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

1. On the Visual Cues tab of the properties screen you can set different colors for values larger and/or smaller than values you set there.

2.  sum( {$<Month = {$(=Only(Month))}>} Sales ) - sum( {$<Month = {$(=Only(Month)-1)}>} Sales )

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Sivadandu,

As suggested by Gysbert... you can use Visual Cues but that is old fashioned way. Rather I'd recommend you to use Text Colour under expressions sign. I've made a video tutorial on how to use experssion attributes. Here is the link...please let me know if you need more information.

http://qlikshare.com/328

Cheers,

DV

Not applicable
Author

Your postings are really helpful.... Hatsoff.......

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot....... for your time and reply...

Your answer is really helpful....But did not get oppertunity to work on that today.... May be i  will reply to you tomorrow with good news. I think i have to change the month field. Its in text format now....(ex,, 'Mar','Apr','May'....).

Iam not sure, how (Month-1) works in my case?