Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SET ANALYSIS Sum for displaying hierarchy relationship in one column?

Hello,

I've quite a few hierarchy reports and would like to show the reports a little bit different than the traditional hierarchy pivot reports.

Instead of showing each hierarchy level in a separate column, I would like to show the different nodes one below the other in a single column.

For better visualization I've created an example (see below HIER_COSTELMNT.qvw).

The COSTELMNT should only appear on the bottom hierarchy-level (3). The hierarchy-levels 2 and 3 should nevertheless show the correct SUM of the dedicated node and all nodes below this particular node. I hope to get there with a correct SET ANALYSIS SUM over the NODE_ID and the Path field :

ex.:

NODE_ID:   KA10

Path:          KA1\KA10

So for the node KA10 all nodes with Path KA1\KA10* should be summed up.

Unfortunately I can't figure out the correct syntax of the SET ANALYSIS SUM expression. Does anyone knows if this is possibel and what the correct expression would be?

Best regards,

Thomas Schmutz

4 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Have a look at the attched file.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Although the parent nodes are beeing shown now, the SUM for the parent nodes were still not beeing calculated.

Unfortunately it's not absolutely what I was looking for. Any idea how the SUM must be adapted, to show the correct summation?

Thomas

Not applicable
Author

Tried it with the following Set Analysis expression:

=sum( {1<Path={"$(=Path&'*')"}>} [VALUE] )

Unfortunately the upper hierarchy nodes weren't summarized either. Isn't it possible at all?

Regards,

Thomas

Not applicable
Author

For the sake of completness:

According to the answer of Vlad Gutosvky in this thread, it isn't possible to use Set Analysis for my purpose:

Vlad Gutosvky:

"set analysis is calculated once for the entire chart and can be used to limit dimensions rather than manipulate them"

Nevertheless, thanks to Kaushik Solanski for the reply.