Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need to show value on data point in Gauge Chart - Help!

Hi,

I have an application with a very (very) basic gauge chart.  It is designed for someone who just wants to be able to put a target and a value in and have a half moon type gauge with a needle and value to indicate how they're getting on.  This is all fine until it comes to showing the value of either the target or the amount reached.  The only way I have found to display these is by adding tex boxes to the chart.  This is ok ... but when my end user views the doc in AJAX he cannot then move the box so that it makes sense.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Emma

12 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You Can use the "Help Text" Option.

All you have to do is go to the properties of Input Box -> Caption -> Help Text ->

Enter the text which you want to show. In your case it will be the text shown in text box.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Kauchik,

Doesn't help text only appear when you hover over the caption?

I want the chart to look like it is in my attached file, but with the £106,488 value to move with the needle on the gauge rather than being static. I can't find a way that the help text would do this.  If you can, can you amend the attached doc and send it back as an example?

Many thank,

Emma

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You want on Chart?

If yes all you have to do is add another expression and add your text their and click the option "Text as pop up"

Have a look at the attached example.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I'm trying to get the top chart to remain looking exactly like is does now, except, when you type in a new value next to vAmount, I want the value that is currently in a text object to move with the needle.  I don't want to hover over anything and have text appear, I want it to be always displayed exactly as it is currently shown.

Text as pop up is not suitable I'm afraid as the text does not display permanently.

Thanks,

Emma

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Emma Sorry I guess i m failing to understand your requirement properly.

Could you please explain in detail again. IF possible you can also send us the screen shot of what you want.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

Sorry, maybe I'm not explaining it well. 

In the example I attached, the top chart has two key values controled by entering two figures in the input box: vAmount and vNewTarget.  These values give the maximum range on the dial (vNewTarget) and the position of the needle (vAmount).

Can I just check that you can see that part clearly?

Thanks,

Emma

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

How about using the segments to display this instead?  Uncheck "Autowidth Segments" in the Presentation tab and set the lower bounds based on your input variables.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason,

ok - I've tried that ... but I still can't get the label to appear on the data point.  I'm trying to get away from using the text in chart type text boxes.  I've even tried a reference line and show label but it doesn't seem to like that either!

Really frustrating!

Thanks,

Emma

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hmm - can't see a solution right now except a horrible workaround to use a macro to position a text box. Would be pretty complicated to calculate the X and Y co-ordinates though!