Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QSense
Creator II
Creator II

Sort Data

Hi everyone,

I have dimension below ISTEK_ACISTARIHI2 date format and its format dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm:ss

I want to sort data according to below expression

=day(weekstart(ISTEK_ACISTARIHI2))&' ' &monthname(weekstart(ISTEK_ACISTARIHI2))&'-' & day(weekend(ISTEK_ACISTARIHI2)) &' ' & monthname(weekend(ISTEK_ACISTARIHI2))

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ok, I see the problem. Your calculated dimension is creating a string. That can only be sorted alphabetically which is not what you want. I think you need to split that in two calculated dimensions.

Start week: =date(WeekStart(ISTEK_ACISTARIHI2),'DD MMM YYYY')

End week: =date(WeekEnd(ISTEK_ACISTARIHI2),'DD MMM YYYY')

After that you can sort Start week (and End week) by Numeric Value

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

12 Replies
QSense
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

I know sort tab but It doesnt be sorted correctly

Not applicable

Why don'y you sort based on a numerical value of NUM(day(weekstart(ISTEK_ACISTARIHI2))&' ' &monthname(weekstart(ISTEK_ACISTARIHI2))&Year(monthname(weekstart(ISTEK_ACISTARIHI2))))

That should give you the result your seeking remember you only really ned to sort by the first date since the rest will follow suit naturally.

Anonymous
Not applicable

i think this expression in sort tab should sort the values but if you have a selection then all tha associated data will be sorted and unassociated data won't be sorted..

if you want unassocaited data to be sorted then this expression has to be in script and you have to use orderby clause

Hope this helps

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

i think this expression in sort tab should sort the values but if you have a selection then all tha associated data will be sorted and unassociated data won't be sorted..

if you want unassocaited data to be sorted then this expression has to be in script and you have to use orderby clause

Hope this helps

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope this helps

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

i think this expression in sort tab should sort the values but if you have a selection then all the associated data will be sorted and unassociated data won't be sorted..

Anonymous
Not applicable

i think this expression in sort tab should sort the values but if you have a selection then all the associated data will be sorted and unassociated data won't be sorted..

QSense
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Gysbert,

I attached simple file ,

and I pointed table that wanna sort  with red circle