Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikView Server 11 Reload Tasks Hang in Running State

Good day everyone,

My company recently upgraded from QlikView Server 10 SP4 with Publisher (all-in-1) to QlikView Server 11 SP1 with Publisher (all-in-1). Shortly afterwards, we found that some of our reload tasks were hanging in a "running" state, even after finishing. After troubleshooting, speaking with our QlikView provider and reviewing the QlikView community, we found that we are being affected by a bug in QlikView 11 SP1.

In this bug, QlikView Server reload tasks will run, and complete. However, the task may remain in a running state until the QDS is restarted. If the QDS is not restarted, the next time a task which remains in a running state is triggered, it will not trigger as the QDS believes that the task has not finished from the previous run time.

To counter this issue, my company has created a simple Windows Scheduled Task to initiate a restar of the QlikView Distribution Service (QDS) after business hours. The windows task calls the Windows PowerShell application with an argument that performs the restart. This solution has been helping us combat this bug until it is resolved.

We have created a help document for other QlikView Server Admins who may also be experiancing the same issue.

QlikView Community document:

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3152

Thank you all

-Travis Dirmyer

27 Replies
jjfabian
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Travis,

while restarting the QDS fixes the problem, it's not the solution. Patch Release 11.00.11311 fixes your issue:

"Bug 46252: Publisher in QV 11 Sr1 - Tasks status on QMC stay on running but they succeeded in the logs".

For further reference, see below

http://community.qlik.com/message/239623#239623

Regards, Jakob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Good morning Jakob,

We have been given the patch and have installed it. It appears to have corrected this particular issue, but we're still waiting to see for sure.

Also, when I access the link you supplied, I am given a message that states: "It appears you're not allowed to view what you requested. You might contact your administrator if you think this is a mistake. "

I am not sure which section of the QV community that goes to, however, I don't have access.

Thank you.

-Travis Dirmyer

jjfabian
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Travis,

the link refers to a thread in the Qlikbug Group. You will have to sign up to see discussions in there.

Because QV has no official bugtracking, this is the group to be in when you encounter bugs (or weird behaviour 😉 )

Best Regards,

Jakob

Not applicable
Author

We're experiencing exactly the same behavior. We have QVS (no publisher installed) 11.00.11282.0. I couldn't find the  new patch (11.00.11311) in the downloads site. Could you please tell me where I can find it?

Dror

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Dror,

you will need to work with your QlikView partner to open a ticket with QlikTech, referencing the issue you're having. You will likely have to do some troubleshooting with your Partner and answer some questions from QlikTech.

Afterwards, if you are afflicted with this bug, you will be sent a download link for this patch.

thank you.

-Travis

Not applicable
Author

Hi travis,

I'm still having the same bug, even though I have migrated to Qliqview 11 SR2. I was wondering if the patch have corrected this bug?

Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

Hi travis,

I'm still having the same bug, even though I have migrated to Qliqview 11 SR2. I was wondering if the patch have corrected this bug?

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Sanaba,

The hanging tasks problem was resolved after we applied a patch from QlikTech (obtained by our support provider) for QVS 11 SR1. We are in the process of upgrading to QVS 11 SR2 in our development environment and will be running tests.

One of the problems I have found with in-place upgrades is that sometimes bugs don't go away, they transform. They may not trigger or occur the same way they did before, but they still exist.

If my tests with QVS 11 SR2 produces this bug again, I will post here.

Thank you.

rothtd
Creator III
Creator III

We had this bug with QV11 SR1 and it was resolved with a upgrade to QV11 SR2. We did an inplace upgrade. I did notice some previous situations (QV8.5->9SR2 & 9SR3->9SR7) where bugs that were supposed to be fixed simply 'morphed'. Those were implace upgrades as well, so I think Travis's comment has some weight.