Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

Bullet Chart Extension Redux

The extension I built for a bullet chart is one of the examples that "ships" with version 11.  I built it a while ago and some of the properties and the code ended up being a little confusing.

So, I've made some minor changes to the extension and I'll probably be getting this version into a future SR.  In the meantime, here it is.

As a quick reminder, the names of the different bars involved in the creation of the chart can be seen in this graphic:

bullet.png

Also, remember the bullet chart can be used vertically of horizontally, it just depends on whether you make the object longer horizontally or vertically.
I'll probably be posting updated version of some of the other extension examples soon.  In particular, the org chart one needed some updating.

EDIT: There was a problem being caused by some debugging code I left in there so I've fixed that and a few other things.

Thanks.

13 Replies
jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Brian,

is there a javascript command to activate a certain sheet in an extension?

is there a guide which commands we can use in the java part of the extensions?

reg. Jochem

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi Jochem,

You should probably ask this question as its own discussion to keep things tidy around here since it doesn't relate to the bullet chart.  Otherwise people with a similar question will have a hard time finding it.

Not applicable

Hi Brian,

We are trying to use your bullet chart but we have problems with measurements. Measurements 2 to 5 do not keep the values we want. they lose the values as soon as the proerties window is locked. and we never see any effect of doing any change on these measurements.

It is a bug or what?

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee
Author

I'm assuming you're using QlikView SR1.  If so, then it's a bug with SR1 and the easiest way to fix would be to upgrade to SR2 😕

Not applicable

One important issue regarding the Extention Objects is that they function in the webview mode only. Is there a version that can function with Ajax too?

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee
Author

Webview is Ajax mode.  When you turn Ajax off you're in desktop mode which does not use Ajax.  If you're viewing the app via QVS, that's the same as Webview also.

But anyway, I assume you meant desktop mode.  I've seen people recreate a bullet chart in desktop mode, but it's basically done by laying several bar charts on top of each other and it's a big hassle to do.

Not applicable

Thanks a lot Brian! We had some confusing information and it is good to clarify that.

Not applicable

I came on a new issue. After ungrading to SR2 I got two different Bullet Charts. The old one functions without any problem. But the second (which include Tick Marks; which are very needed) do not function at all. Is there a special way to do the upgrade? Do I have to uninstall my old installation?

Can you help me to fix that too?

Not applicable

I'm having trouble getting this to work at all.

Is there some instructions on how this can work?