Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding expression after totals

Hi!

I had a trouble with a pivot table. I had calculated totals (using partial sum). Now I want to add an expression 'Penetration' after totals column.But the problem is, since my columns were obtained by dragging rows to look like columns, this new expression (or column) appears after every column...

Is there any way to solve this? Right now , I have created another table only to show 'Penetration'. and have placed them together. But, this will give me problems if I want to export these tables as excel as I would want it in a single excel sheet..

Or alternately, is there any way I can combine two charts into one excel sheet?

Earlier, I had posted some questions for this same problem....I have mentioned the link below.

http://community.qlik.com/message/270290#270290..

Please scroll towards the end to see my questions.

Thanks ,

Anju

20 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Cud u post ur sample qvw ?

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi qlik_techie,

Thanks a lot for looking into this!

-Anju

thomas_skariah
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Anju,

Find the attached application.

Try out. Modify it as per your requirement.

Regards,

Tom

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tom,

Thanks a lot for your help...It has solved my problem to some extent. Right now, I am checking whether the logic will work in case of more than one year....so across a row, my labels should look like 'Jan 2012' , 'Feb 2012'.......'Jan 2013','Feb 2013'....etc...

Also will be trying to see if the month and year extraction can be made dynamic by any means..

I'll try that out and get back...

Thanks Again,

Anju

thomas_skariah
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Anju,

You can do Max of year month condition using set analysis,that will solve your problem.

Regards,

Tom

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tom,

I added some expressions using set analysis in the chart..

But its not giving me the desired results.

I came up with this for labels:

=sum({$<Year = {$(=max(Year(BATCH_MONTH)))}, Month = {$(=max(Month(BATCH_MONTH)))}>} BATCH_MONTH)

and this for the value:

=sum({$<Year = {$(=max(Year(BATCH_MONTH)))}, Month = {$(=max(Month(BATCH_MONTH)))}>} FPR_BRL_AMOUNT)

Firstly, only a single column is created...and not the dynamic number of columns as expected..

I will need a little help here..

Thanks again,

Anju

thomas_skariah
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Anju,

Can you share your application.

Regards,

Tom

thomas_skariah
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Anju,

Try to extract year and month from BATCH_MONTH into separate columns.

Then include the exression as YEAR={$(=max(YEAR))}.

Regards,

Tom

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tom,

I added two columns, one for year and one for month...But, even here, the expression is returning invalid data...Again, how do I combine them so that I have

columns labelled 'Jan 2012', 'Feb 2012'.....'Jan 2013',...'feb 2013'...etc...and also they should hold corresponding 'FPR_BRL_AMOUNT' in the columns.

The columns I added are the last two in 'Sheet 1'

Thanks and Regards,

Anju