cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

QlikView Governance Dashboard Beta - Pre-Installation Steps

Thank you all so far for participating in the download and testing of the QlikView Governance Dashboard 1.0 Beta. To date we have collected a few issues which are currently being investigated and addressed for future versions of the QVGD. In the mean-time I suggested you keep these steps in mind.

The following steps are recommended instructions when installing the QlikView Governance Dashboard Beta 1.0.

• If installing on Windows XP or Windows 2003 server
    • Create the following Directory: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance_1.0Beta
    • Run the installation wizard and change the default install location to: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance_1.0Beta

• Ensure that QlikView Desktop is not running - check task manager for QV.exe and ensure the process is not running

• Do not use a VM - install on a physical machine

• Do not use directory names that contain spaces for the 'Install Directory’ and ‘Profile Directory’ (see first bullet)

• Uninstall any previous version of the QlikView Governance Dashboard by using the Uninstall utility found in the Add / Remove Programs list

unin.PNG

• If you have installed a Pre-Beta version please remove the Governance folder from: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech

• Install the QlikView Governance Dashboard

Software and instructions found here:

http://market.qlik.com/qlikview-governance-dashboard.html

• Restart the system

• Load the QlikView Governance Dashboard,configure and scan according to the instructions
Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
37 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee
Author

Hello Xerxes  - (cool name by the way)

I will work with our engineering team to isolate the issue.

If installed on the Publisher machine:

• Do you have a mapped path to the server in the configuration sheet?
  • OR have you toggled the appropriate switches to disable the Server location?

config1.PNG

noserver.PNG

Please let me know

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee
Author

Hello Xerxes,

I also noticed in your thread:

I have only installed it to default folder (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Governance_1.0Beta).

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance_1.0Beta - is the actual default location that is chosen when I installed it on my system - but I also had QV Server.

Are you stating that when you installed QVGD - the following directory displayed in the installation wizard by default?

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Governance_1.0Beta).

OR - did you change this in any way?

Thanks

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

The folder I have is the standard and the difference here should be because of operating system where 2008 has the one you have and my system, WinServ 2003, has the one I posted.

Not applicable

The server log-path is on a shared folder. Just now I tried turning off the switches (did not notice them before ) but the problem remaings.

If anything still is related to server; it´s a physical machine with 8(+8) cores, 32 GB RAM.

BR,

Xerxes

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee
Author

Can you try creating and instaling Governance_1.0Beta in this folder?:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

Actually I don´t get the error after changing the folder (can´t handle space in the folder structure?), but after 10 minutes it still stands at the same place as after the first seconds. See list below.

I have the logs switch off.

Ps.

It is not possible to turn off the QV Server log but keep the QV Pub log because booth disables if you disable QV Server. Maybe it´s on purpose.

Status right now:

UserVariables << AUTOGENERATE(1) 27 lines fetched

UserVariables << AUTOGENERATE(1) 28 lines fetched

CONFIG << AUTOGENERATE(1) 1 lines fetched

ENVIRONMENT << AUTOGENERATE(1) 1 lines fetched

SERVER << AUTOGENERATE(1) 1 lines fetched

PATH << AUTOGENERATE(5) 1 lines fetched

-

Not applicable

I have the same problem!!!

I keep waiting after this stage....

Not applicable

Solved!!!  its only time!

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee
Author

Hello gtorresnieto -

Would you mind sharing what you did - that solved your issue?

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

First of all, i had the same problem with the non existin resident file.

but, i did the instalation on the path that you indicated above, and it works...

When the file pass, i had the freeze on the procces the mentioned before.

But i let the process continue in time...  And it was only that... time.

I hope this help.

Regards!