Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

QlikView Governance Dashboard Beta - Pre-Installation Steps

Thank you all so far for participating in the download and testing of the QlikView Governance Dashboard 1.0 Beta. To date we have collected a few issues which are currently being investigated and addressed for future versions of the QVGD. In the mean-time I suggested you keep these steps in mind.

The following steps are recommended instructions when installing the QlikView Governance Dashboard Beta 1.0.

• If installing on Windows XP or Windows 2003 server
    • Create the following Directory: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance_1.0Beta
    • Run the installation wizard and change the default install location to: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance_1.0Beta

• Ensure that QlikView Desktop is not running - check task manager for QV.exe and ensure the process is not running

• Do not use a VM - install on a physical machine

• Do not use directory names that contain spaces for the 'Install Directory’ and ‘Profile Directory’ (see first bullet)

• Uninstall any previous version of the QlikView Governance Dashboard by using the Uninstall utility found in the Add / Remove Programs list

unin.PNG

• If you have installed a Pre-Beta version please remove the Governance folder from: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech

• Install the QlikView Governance Dashboard

Software and instructions found here:

http://market.qlik.com/qlikview-governance-dashboard.html

• Restart the system

• Load the QlikView Governance Dashboard,configure and scan according to the instructions
Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
37 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee
Author

That is great to hear thank you!

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

Same here, only time. It took 28 minutes on my quite fast server to go to next step after the step listed below.

So, the solution for me seems to have been the change of install directory. Now it is installed in a non-standard directory for Windows Server 2003 (again, maybe it is because I had space in directory name the first time?).

SERVER << AUTOGENERATE(1) 1 lines fetched

PATH << AUTOGENERATE(5) 1 lines fetched

-

BR,

Xerxes

tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Michael,

I know that Windows 8 is not supported, but the Table not found bug, also appears on my non virtualized windows 8 machine with quad core sandy bridge. Actually I'm yet to find a computer where it does not happen.

Also my files are on a network share, when running QVGD it just hangs. When run locally I get  Table not found.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee
Author

Hello Xerxes - question for you:

It would be interesting to know how many QVWs, QVDs, etc. you scanned to get a sense of how much metadata was being processed.

We also know that some QVDs can be heavily laden with QVD Lineage XML content in cases where their generating QVWs use looping or use LOAD commands with wildcard constructs to load thousands of source files at a time.  These QVD files can take a very long time to process their Lineage XML tags and we have found that they should be filtered out of the scan using the “Excluded Keywords” feature on the QVGD Configuration sheet.

When you have a moment we would appreciate knowing.

Thanks

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee
Author

seebach - check the rest of this thread - solutions currently range from:

• Rebooting
  • Not using a VM – use a physical machine
  • Installing the QVGD in the default directory on Windows 7 and 2008 systems
  • Creating the C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance_1.0Beta directory and installing the QVGD in there on older systems such as Windows 2003
  • Installing a DLL pack

Let me know

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

Attached you see the summary of read files.

QVGD_2012-10-23_104457.jpg

Should I try excluding all QVDs or what filter could be used?

For me it´s really not a problem now that I know it was just about time beside the folder issue. I will add other directories and expect the time to go up a lot from the ~30 min that it takes now.

BR,

Xerxes

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee
Author

Thanks Xerxes - let me see what engineering says.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Micheal, I've got the QVGD working on borrowed Windows 7 home edition computer.

And I'm only able to use it directly against a low level folder (for instance the folder that contains QVD or QVW). If I point it to the folder one level above, the load fails and hangs.

So apart from limited Windows compatibility, my issues is that I have to specify a lot of direct paths.

Most of the folders contain prj files, could they cause issues?