Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Grouping of values in a barchart

Hi QC

I have a problem i havent been able to solve... the x-axe shows time (in days) and y-axe shows amount.

I wanted to group days 0 - 4 and its values (the green bars below) in one bar, then days 5 - 9 in one bar (the orange bars) and so forth...

Ive done this in excel on the same data by grouping the days 0 - 4 in a pivot table and make the chart based on the data from the pivot table, but i havent been able to pull it off in Qlikview.

Days are entered as a dimension and amount as an expression, and the chart is made in the QV IE Plugin.

Anybody have a solution on how to do this?

chart grouping.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I do aging by:

1. setting up buckets using inline script statements that have from and to amounts

Buckets:

LOAD * INLINE [

Bucket, Start, End

>7 days remain, -999, -7

Due this week, -6, 0

<1 month over, 1, 30

<2 months over, 31, 60

❤️ months over, 61, 90

>3 months over, 91, 9999

];

2. running the transaction details through an interval match against this buckets table

INTERVALMATCH (DueDays)

LOAD

Start,

End

RESIDENT Buckets;

3. using the bucket as a dimension on the chart

Jonathan

View solution in original post

8 Replies
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Try looking at the class() function in the Help File, it allows you to place your values in buckets (0-4,5-10,-11-15 etc).

Hope that helps,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

@QlikviewBI

Qlikview Design Blog: http://QVDesign.wordpress.com

Not applicable
Author

ive tried to toy around with the class function without getting it to work fully, as i wanted it to...

My time/days is calculated through this dimension: =(NetWorkDays(BDW_ABS_ORDER_Date, ABS_PACKINGNOTE.DELIVERYDATE, $(=SH_Dage)))

and my amount is: Sum(DELEVERY_SCAN.QUANTITY)

ive tried this:

=class(NetWorkDays(BDW_ABS_ORDER_Date, ABS_PACKINGNOTE.DELIVERYDATE, $(=SH_Dage)),4)

but that shows it like this:

2012-10-18_15h23_31.jpg

it groups by 4 every time... and i wanted to define the value of the group so i can do: 0 - 4, 5 - 9, 10 - 20 etc. i havent managed to figure out how to put that into the formula above, any ideas?

Not applicable
Author

Bump... anybody with an idea how to do the =class function with specific intervals?

Not applicable
Author

bump, anyone with an idea how to solve this issue with =class function having specific intervals?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I do aging by:

1. setting up buckets using inline script statements that have from and to amounts

Buckets:

LOAD * INLINE [

Bucket, Start, End

>7 days remain, -999, -7

Due this week, -6, 0

<1 month over, 1, 30

<2 months over, 31, 60

❤️ months over, 61, 90

>3 months over, 91, 9999

];

2. running the transaction details through an interval match against this buckets table

INTERVALMATCH (DueDays)

LOAD

Start,

End

RESIDENT Buckets;

3. using the bucket as a dimension on the chart

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks buddy... il try solve it like that

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Great. May be worth you marking post as solved to take out of unsolved list.

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

its been done, thanks