Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richters
Partner - Contributor III

Can not change value of variable

Hi all,

I just got an interesting situation in an application.

I can not change the value of a specific variable.

Do you know what the problem could be?

I thought about a macro but it wasn't. Is there any options that avoid a change of the value?

Thanks in advance!

9 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

I think, you select the read only option..May be that the problem..

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
richters
Author

Can you tell me where to find that option?

MayilVahanan

Hi

Please see the attached image.

Hope it helps

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
richters
Author

Nice option, I didn't know them but this was not the solution. Tricky...

MayilVahanan

HI

Can you post  a sample file. And specific which variable you can't edit.. From that we can identify the issue .. That helps .Its possible?

richters
Author

I am definitely not allowed to upload it as a sample file beacuse it is a product which is also selled...I hoped there are standard options that can restrict the user to change the value (as you showed me). Maybe I have to search on my own a second time but thanks for help

MayilVahanan

HI

Can you post a image of that variable option. That also helps to identify..

Edit:

HI . You can edit but the values not change ? if so, i think, predefined value only option is selected ..

magavi_framsteg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi ricters.

Yes, if you create an input box for your variable, you have a list of options where you can set restrictions of what data the variable can contain. It seems to be saved with the variable even if the input box, for example, is deleted.

Kind regards

Magnus Åvitsland

BI Architect Consultant

Framsteg Business Intelligence Corp.

Not applicable

I know this post is old, but I was looking for a solution to this problem and didn't find it, so I thought I'd post what I found.

I don't know if this is your problem or not, but if you go to the Variables tab under Doc Properties check to see if the variable you are trying to edit has an Input Constraint.  This has kept me from being able to edit the value of the variable.  (obviously).

I think it is a bug that you can remove those constraints and it still doesn't allow you to edit the value.  But here is a workaround that worked for me:  Change the variable to "No Constraints" and save the qvw, close it, and reopen it, I am able to change the value.

Hope that helps.