Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neetu_singh
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Variable error

Dear All,

Can some one help me on this, i am using a variable for max date but when i call this variable into pivot table its not working & if i used expression which is mention in variable is working fine as vMaxDate =  date(max(CommonDate,'DD/MM/YYYY')). please find the below screen shot this expression is not working into variable & i need this into variable as i have to use this into set expression.

Regards

Neetu Singh

14 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Neetu,

I think you have given '=' while declaring variable in front end.  Remove '=' in the variable expression and use

=$(vVariableName) in your expression.

If you give '=' in variable declaration it evaluates expression and stored value in expression.

Hope the following URL help you in understanding this concept.

http://www.quickqlearqool.nl/?p=902

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

neetu_singh
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

have already tried but not working

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Neetu

The max variable needs to include the username somehow. Without your model I am guessing at fieldnames and structure, but I think you might need something like:

=Date(Max(If (User = OsUser(), CommonDate)), 'DD/MM/YYYY')

If the value in the field User does not include the domain, then use subfield to get the username

=Date(Max(If (User = Subfield(OsUser(), '\', 2), CommonDate)), 'DD/MM/YYYY')

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Neetu

OSUser() returns the currently logged in user. If you need this in a chart dimension, then adjust the expression accordingly.

I suggest that you get the expression to return the correct results before you put it in a variable.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
neetu_singh
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Dear All,

Its done, for this we need to create a ledger by using peak function at the backend then if user have done last entry on 21/04/2012 then from 21 to 30/04/2012 it will give the same value using peak function.

So its resolved.

Thanks for all your support.

Regards

Neetu Singh