Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Switching Dimensions in Tables/Charts in one click

Hello friends,

I am trying to create a dashboard that can be viewed from two different dimensions.  I want to be able to click a button to switch back and forth between the two views.  I was able to do this by cloning my charts and changing the dimensions, then setting up buttons that would restore one dimension's charts and minimize the other's.

The problem I have with this method is I can see the minimized icons of the other dimension's charts.  Can a minimized icon be hidden in any way?

My other thought was to create just one version of the charts and be able to switch back and forth between the two dimensions by clicking a button.  This seems like the more advanced way so I haven't been able to figure that out yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions using either method or maybe something I haven't thought about?

Thanks,

Craig

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can create cycle groups. On the Dimensions tab of the properties screen of the chart click on Edit Groups to add a group. Then add the dimensions you want to switch between and choose Cyclic group for the type of group.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

One of my dimensions is already a drilldown group.  Can you create a cyclic group with a drilldown group within it?

Also, is it possible to create a button to go back and forth between to two cyclic groups (switch all charts with one click)?

Thanks.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, recursive groups are not possible. But you can have more than one group on a chart. Once you've defined a group you can use it in any chart. Changing the field of the group will change it in all charts using that group.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

You could try to use =$(DimensionField) (dollar sign expansion) approach to make a dynamic dimension.

Just create a field DimensionField with corresponding dimension names from your data model.

Then user can just select one value from DimensionField listbox and the chart will use it as dimension.