Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error installing QV11SR2 on Win2003(x86) on ICACLS_QVS_WIN2003

One of my QA people was trying to perform an installation of QV11 SR2 (Server and Management Console profile only), and keeps getting the following error:

Error 1721: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package.  A program required for this install to complete could not be run.  Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action: ICACLS_QVS_WIN2003, location :...\QlikViewServer...

I attached the relevant clip of the MSI Log.

I was logged in as the local Administrator account.

Can anyone provide guidance?

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I had the exact same problem so it does look like there is a problem with the SR2 installer.

I did try to create the folders manually but nothing worked. In the end,  I ended up installing SR1 which worked without problem.

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

I am new with Qlikview and during installation we faced the same issue on WIN2003-Server with SR2. Your suggestions on Folder-Adding works out fine.

Thanks and Regards

Hubert

steve_crosby
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi

I had the same error attempting an install on Win Serv 2003 R2 SP2 with QV 11 SR2

The folder create option worked a treat!

Thanks for providing valuable information

Steve

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

This is a problem with QV 11 SR 2 x86 (32 bits). But this issue was corrected in the new version 11.440 (SR2 U2).

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Not applicable
Author

adding the foler solve the problem for me in a SIB, without access for changing the version or setup files!

thank you

Not applicable
Author

adding the folder solve the problem for me in a SIB, without access for changing the version or setup files!

thank you

Not applicable
Author

adding the folder solve the problem for me in a SIB, without access for changing the version or setup files!

thank you