Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conversion factor

Hi,

can anyone know about conversion factor.

I am having table with ProductID,ProductgroupID,Factorvalue.

I want to multiply this Factorvalue with productid.

How can i do this in qlikview.

any help..

Thanks,

baru

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If both ProductID and Factorvalue are numbers you can calculate the product of the two as a new field in the load script:

Load

ProductID,

ProductgroupID,

Factorvalue,

ProductID * Factorvalue as ProdFactVal

from ....etc;

In a chart you can do the same in an expression: =ProductID * Factorvalue. If the fields are strings you can use the num function to make numbers of them: =num(ProductID) * num(Factorvalue)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

use below code

sum(ProductID*Factorvalue)

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

Hi SK C,

Thaks for reply,

I want to do dynamically,I want to write the logic in script level which means,the productId is linked to transaction table. so that in the future they will change the factovalue for that perticular productid it will efect to my reports with giving any calculation in reports.

I hope You understod,thank

baru

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

then better to go with suggestion above by Gysbert Wassenaar

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

Hi

can anybody help me in this....

regards,

baru

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Baru,

I think you already got some reasonable answers.

If these are not helping you, it would help us to understand if you add some informations. For example, try giving some sample lines of data describing your data model and your expected outcome (like a new field in the data model or a column in a chart (but then please describe also the dimensions you want to use).

You can add these informations for example as INLINE tables (QV script snippets using an LOAD * INLINE [.. ] format) or excel tables or at best a small QV .qvw file demonstrating your issue.