Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

New "create your own report" functionality in 11

I love the new "Enable Conditional" setting available for dimensions and expressions in 11.  I've built a really cool "build your own report" report for my users giving them the capability to select which dimensional attributes and metrics they want to analyze.  Just like on the attached tab "Reports" that Qlikview shows off.

One issue though that I thought I'd ask the experts.  When a user is building a pivot table they usually click several dimensional attributes and then drag n' drop them where they want.  For example dragging the year to the top of the metrics.  Actually that's another issue ... anytime I try and drag a column in a pivot table to the top of the metrics it only works about 25% of the time.  Weird.  But when it does work Qlikview "remembers" that you did that and if you click clear and build another report it automatically places the field in the same location.  Is there anyway to force a pivot table NOT to reorganize the ordering of your dimensions?  Thanks

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Has anyone looked into this?  I am currently trying to convert from a macro to this new conditional setting chart in QV 11.  However I am experiencing a problem where pivoting is not working correctly.  I can move dimensions from left to right, but not to the top of the chart. (Where the blue arrow line is horizontal)

Thanks in advance,

Brandon

Not applicable
Author

Brandon I raised this to Qlikview support.  Since I asked the question they have provided us several patches, we are currently on 11.00.11326.0 SR2, and I'm not experiencing this issue anymore.  Could you possibly install the latest client and give it a try?

Not applicable
Author

We're currently using 11.00.11282.0.  SR1

I'll see about upgrading and keep you posted.  Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

So we went ahead with the upgrade to 11.00.11414.0 SR2 and this still appears to be an issue.  I will drag and drop the dimension and try to move it to the horizontal arrow to be along the top of the pivot and nothing will happen.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hope I could have a better answer but I would suggest creating a ticket with Qlikview support on this.  For me upgrading to SR2 fixed my issue.  When you create the ticket I would suggest you create a video or get somebody from support to actually see what is happening on you side because when I first opened it they couldn't recreate the issue on their end.