Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II

Table Box with Field Selectors

Hi,

We had someone from QLikView do a demo session for us the other day, and he did something that I am now trying to replicate in QV PE. I do not want to contact him and ask him for tips and favors until I know if we are going to actually deploy QV.

He had a sheet with a table box, and to the left of the table box he was able to choose from a "list box" which fields he wanted in the table box. i.e. he did not have to go to the Properties of the table box - he just selected from a sheet object all the fields he wants to have in his table by selecting or deselecting them.

I can't figure out how to do this - I've been using QV 9 and only recently started with QV 11.

Please help.

G

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

I believe you saw something similar to the app 'What's new in QlikView 11' in the reports tab.

http://us.demo.qlik.com/detail.aspx?appName=Whats%20New%20in%20QlikView11.qvw

You can try or dowload it ( it you want to reproduce it, you need to download to analyze it better...)

Instead of a table box, it is a straight table.

The dimensions ( and expressions ) have enable conditions based on the selection of fields with all dimension and expression names.

If you have more questions about this object you can ask here again.

Hope it helps for now,

Regards,

Erich

View solution in original post

2 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

I believe you saw something similar to the app 'What's new in QlikView 11' in the reports tab.

http://us.demo.qlik.com/detail.aspx?appName=Whats%20New%20in%20QlikView11.qvw

You can try or dowload it ( it you want to reproduce it, you need to download to analyze it better...)

Instead of a table box, it is a straight table.

The dimensions ( and expressions ) have enable conditions based on the selection of fields with all dimension and expression names.

If you have more questions about this object you can ask here again.

Hope it helps for now,

Regards,

Erich

gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II
Author

That's it!

Thanks - I'll play around with the new feature and hopefully figure it out.

Regards,

Gerhard