Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Use variables as filters for showing values in a table

Hi,

I need to perform the following operation:

• I have a table (excel file) with two fields (ID and Text) containing a series of texts/messages
  • My QV calculates a number of variables (var1, var2, etc) through some sliders; each of the variable ir related to one of the ID in the excel
  • the values of the variables are used to determine whether the text need to appear (if a certain condition is met, i.e. var1>0, then ID1 is shown) or not, in which case the corresponding rows of the excel file are not shown
  • each row in the excel file requires different conditions to determine wether it needs to appear or not

Can this be performed? If so, how?

Caveat: after I load the data the first time, I cannot reload the data again.

I'm thinking about a straight table where an expression based on a series of nested if() creates a flag for each of the ID, however as the list of ID grows (20-50-100) the nesting becomes impractical.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pat

2 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

PFA file for solution.  Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan

the inline and findvalue definitely help but only solve half of the issue.

As of now, the tool is able to select 1 of the set of n options in the table and list it in the straight table.

What I need to do is:

1. have an additional  set of m options in the table
  2. have a different variable able to select 1 within this set of m options
  3. the selected option needs to be displayed in the same straight table along with the option selected among the set of n available

Step 1 and 2 seem just a duplicate of what you did. I'm not sure how to include the 3rd in the expression in the straight table.

Thanks

Pat