Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Governance Dashboard Error

Hi,

I installed Governance Dashboard beta 1.0 version on Qlikview 11 SR2 Server.

I always get a script error:

Table not found

DateIsland:

LOAD

1 as MaxID,

Max(LoadDate) as MaxLoadDt

Resident FileList

We are using VM.

Installed  Qlikview 11.0.11417.0 SR2 - Server Patch

Installed Qlikview  11.0.11414.0 SR2 - Desktop

We are using Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Service Pack 1

RAM: 2 GB

System type: 64-bit Operating system

1 core

Services running:

Qlikview Server

Qlikview Directory Service Connector

I have disabled running scan for server and publisher logs.

Documents are from the different server location.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello

Please check out this document and let me know how you do

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3546

There are some known issues with VMs, if you can install on a physical machine that would be much better for this Beta installation.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello

Please check out this document and let me know how you do

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3546

There are some known issues with VMs, if you can install on a physical machine that would be much better for this Beta installation.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

If 3.9 version works on VM. what is the minimum hardware requirement?

Do we need to install DLL pack for the 3.9 version?

Can i browse to the source documents from other server ?

Ex: \\<Server name>/i$\Qlikview\PROD\Projects\<Project Name>\Data_Models

Thanks,

Smitha

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Smitha

You can view the system requirements here:

http://market.qlik.com/qlikview-governance-dashboard.html

The issue with the VM is actually a problem with a QlikView specific issue which will be addressed in a QV11SR2 update in early November.  As a temporary workaround please use a physical machine or one with 4 or more cores.

In regards to the DLL pack - I believe this will be taken care of with the installation so you will not have to manually download and install it.

You can scan other source documents on remote QV Server / Publisher systems by using UNC or mapped shared drive letter in the configuration tab. (You cannot actually browse with the QVGD, just want to make sure that is clear)

Let me know how you do.

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

I am able to scan on a physical machine with the following configuration:

Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

RAM: 512 GB

System type: 64 bit Operating system

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E7- 4870 @ 2.40 GHz 2.39 GHz (4 Processors)

For a small project which has around 60 QVW files takes less than a minute to run the scan.

For total of 40 projects which has around 1887 QVW files takes around one hour.

Questions:

- How many reports I can save per week/month?

- If i clean the files from C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance\profiles\default\QVD_Historical and QVX_LatRun still I am able to see the earlier saved reports from the Governance Dashboard. Do the data stored in the saved .qvw file in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance\profiles\default folder?

- Is there any document or presentation which gives detailed explanantion on the scan output?

I am able to find high level overview on the ouput sheets but looking for more detailed explanation on every sheet.

http://qlikmarket.qlik.com/qvajaxzfc/pdf/Data-Governance_FAQ-US.pdf

Thanks so much for your help in running the scan!

-Smitha

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Smitha -

Questions:

- How many reports I can save per week/month?

- If i clean the files from C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance\profiles\default\QVD_Historical and QVX_LatRun still I am able to see the earlier saved reports from the Governance Dashboard. Do the data stored in the saved .qvw file in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance\profiles\default folder?

- Is there any document or presentation which gives detailed explanation on the scan output?

I am able to find high level overview on the output sheets but looking for more detailed explanation on every sheet.

http://qlikmarket.qlik.com/qvajaxzfc/pdf/Data-Governance_FAQ-US.pdf

How many reports I can save per week/month?

If by "reports" you are referring to the scanning results from the data and Governance Dashboard QVW output - you can offload the QVW to another file as many times as needed. However there is a date filter that will allow you to look back - so I am not sure what you mean. If you can clarify this a bit that would be helpful.

If I clean the files from C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance\profiles\default\QVD_Historical and QVX_LastRun still I am able to see the earlier saved reports from the Governance Dashboard?

Yes - until you Re-load or re-scan the deployment. That will wipe out all previous data. You can however save the QVGD QVW as a new file to retain the latest snapshot of data stored in the QVW.  QVD_Historical (directory of QVD files) is what is maintained and QVX_LastRun (directory of QVX files) is used for the incremental updates to those QVD data files.

Do the data stored in the saved .qvw file in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance\profiles\default folder?

Yes

Is there any document or presentation which gives detailed explanation on the scan output?

I am able to find high level overview on the output sheets but looking for more detailed explanation on every sheet.

In the installation there is: file:///C:/ProgramData/QlikTech/Governance_1.0Beta/doc/index.htm this can be accessed from the Start->All Programs->QlikView->Governance_1.0Beta->Governance Dashboard Help

Here you will find more detail on the provided information sheets (dashboards)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

The granularity of storage for historical data (QVD and QVW) is 1 day at its finest.

This means if you run two Governance Dashboard scans in the same day, the more recent scan will replace the prior scan’s data for that same day.

On the reload, the Governance Dashboard will perform the scan and load that scan data first, starting from an empty data set.

It then incrementally loads any records from the QVD files in the QVD_Historical sub-folder of the profile directory whose file and date key combination do not conflict with the current date (i.e. all scan data from prior day scan’s). There is currently no limit for how many days’ worth of data will be accumulated in the historical QVD files. Deleting the QVD files from the QVD_Historical file will clear out all the history.

Bill Kehoe

Chief Architect

Direct: 617-658-5346

Mobile: 781 879 6515

Email: Bill.Kehoe@qlik.com

QlikTech Inc.

275 Grove St

Suite 2-320

Newton MA 02466

qlik.com<http://www.qlik.com/>