Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filtering out a specific row

Hi,

I have data by regions in a table in column 1. Some of the values in this column are a sum of all the regions and called "All". I would like to filter these values out from the graphs when they are plotted as they make all the other regional data bars look too small. How can I do this?

Secondly, I can only drill down data to 1 level below, but would like to drill down further. Is this possible?

Im using QlikView Personal Edition on my desktop.

Kind regards,

JK

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You can use an IF statement or set analysis, depending on your situation.  For example, IF(Region<>'ALL',Sum(Values)) or Sum({$<Region-={'All'}>} Values). Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks rebeccad. Id want to exclue the value which say 'All'. How do I do that?

Not applicable
Author

Do you have a sample file?

MayilVahanan

HI

Sum({$<Region -= {'All'}>} Values) this exclude the 'All' value in region field and calculate the others

for additional information:

if you want to exclude all selection means,

try like this

=sum({1}Values)

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

It says Calculation condition unfulfilled. Doesn’t seem to work.

Jaleed

MayilVahanan

HI

Its working for me.

=Count({<[Episode Number] -= {1}>}[Title Name])

Can you provide a sample file?

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Do you have an expression in calculation condition? If you had a problem in the expression, it would show no value, not 'Calculation Condition Unfulfilled'.

Not applicable
Author

Attached are the sample file and data

MayilVahanan

HI

PFA.

In this, All region excluded in bar chart.