cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Command line OCX app

Hello, I would like to create a non GUI OCX application in Visual Studio or Visual C++, that can be accessed from commandline. BUT I can only access the the OCX object when a form based application type is selected, I cannot find a way to create a control for use in a non form based application. I think this sounds crazy, so plese tell me I'm wrong??

Btw should there not be a forum for OCX???

11 Replies
Not applicable

Hello,

Your solution seems logic.

Another solution which is quite good is to use a script to run the document in publisher. Then this script will retrieve the results based on the log of publiher. I worked on such a script in vbs. It is able to retrieve the results ( warning, errors, aborted, etc..).

The only issue in this is to send parameters to the application. But I think we should be able to use parameters based on an input file, or maybe via the Publisher itself (to be checked).

Hope this can help !

Rgds,

Sébastien

Not applicable

Wouldn't it be possible to build the WinForm based application (sans Form container), compile and then just modify the PE subsystem flag to be Console? http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/platform/firmware/PECOFF.mspx