Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Table size changes every day

Hi All

I am about to begin the visualisation of a dataset. Its basically 1 table which currently has about 1000 entries. Over time, these entries will be reviewed and  will be tagged as RELEVENT or NOT RELEVENT (or whatever). I want to visualise this happening over time (so I can see review speed, fast vs slow reviewers etc). However, the dataset will also grow over time, with new entried being added on a weekly basis, so count(UniqueID) will be less useful.

Aside from generating a table of metadata on the SQL Server side of things oin a daily basis (where it performs counts of total records/releven records etc), is there a way QlikView can manage this? Perhaps storing or timestamping data as its loaded? Just after some initial thoughts at this state.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi

If I understood what you need, I think you can put that timestamp in your SQL Server DB with a field like 'Entry_Date' which will have the time of the entry as default. Then, as every record that had been added will have the time of the entry, in QV you can manage that with Set analysis.

Hope it helps.

TMF

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

If I understood what you need, I think you can put that timestamp in your SQL Server DB with a field like 'Entry_Date' which will have the time of the entry as default. Then, as every record that had been added will have the time of the entry, in QV you can manage that with Set analysis.

Hope it helps.

TMF

Not applicable
Author

I think you're right, this is the easiest solution.

Not applicable
Author

I think you're right, this is the easiest solution.