Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Removing Rows with Nulls

Good afternoon, ive got a situation where I am getting nulls in some of my fields, I know why they are there and it doesnt matter. My Flat table data is a mix of Dimension data and Expression data. How do I go about excluding an entire row from my flat table if a field has a Null value in it please?

Very Kind regards.

Paul.

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the response, I am trying to Not load a row if any of the expression fields are Null, all Dimension fields in my script will contain 0 Nulls.

Not applicable
Author

When you say "script", it makes me think of when you are initially loading the data into QlikView.  The advice I gave is used in the chart design stage.

If I understand what you are saying, and you are designing a chart, then put all of those expressions into the hidden column I mentioned in the third part of my previous post.  I think something like the following would be helpful:

If(

IsNull(Expr1) = 0 AND IsNull(Expr2) = 0 AND IsNull(Expr3) = 0 ...etc.,

True(),

Null()

)

hirenp0904
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem with my straight table and i tried to supress missing but no change. I am trying the hide dimensions where my expressions are '-'

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

The suppress missing on the Presentation makes the chart suppress values where the expression has a missing value. But you want to do it where the dimension has a missing (Null) value. You should set this on Chart properties -> Dimensions -> Suppress when value is Null.

HIC

hirenp0904
Contributor
Contributor

Henric,

Actually i want to supress row where my expression has missing / null / blank value. My dimensions do not have any null values. However i tried with both the options but no luck.

swarnav999
Contributor
Contributor

Works! Thank you.