Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Running Total

I have a pivot table in which I have debits and credits.  At the beginning of the year, there is a beginning balance of $600,000.  I want to be able to see in the pivot by date how this total changes based on the debits and credits.  In my expression for Running Total, I have the following:  If (FACTTYPE = 'CHARGEOFF',600000- Sum(CHARGEOFFAMOUNT)).  I also need to add when FACTTYPE = RECOVERY  as well.

All suggestions welcomed. 

untitled.PNG

Thanks!

Temeika

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I appreciate all of the suggestions.  I am trying all of them.  I will post the results shortly.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks everyone for your help.  I finally got my running total expression to work.  Here is my expression:

Balance-RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Column(1) - Column(2), 0, NoOfRows(TOTAL)))

I created a field in my script to hold the starting Balance of $600,000.

untitled.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hi!!,

I need to add one dimesion like Credit Area and need to evaluate balance Credit Area wise in the table.

With ur expression its work perfect for the single Credit Area. My requirement is User can select multiple Credit Areas for the Account and Balance can be calculated.

I am able to get the opening balance Credit Area wise but to calculate date wise balance Its not working.

Like in your case Fact type.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Nitin