Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

application takes 2 document CALs for one user

Hello Community,

Im running QlikView Server License on 11 SR1 (build 11.0.11282.0) on a Windows 2012 server (Win32_OperatingSystem=@ X64 (Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0)) with ActiveDirectory

My QVserver lincense has 5 Named CALs and 50 Document CALs

I'm using the Document CALs for enabling acces for company's users over 2 applications

The DocumentCAL summary for my apps:

ASE.QVW:

Document CALs available on server: 50
Document CALs not allocated on server: 0
Document CALs allocated to this document: 28
Document CALs embedded in document: 0
Document CALs assigned to users: 28

PURCHASE_BETA.QVW:

Document CALs available on server: 50
Document CALs not allocated on server: 0
Document CALs allocated to this document: 11
Document CALs embedded in document: 0
Document CALs assigned to users: 11

The issue I'm confronting is that I cannot allocate any more CALs to any of my documents, even if a simple math would ensure me that I have 11 CALs remaining.

The issue somehow concures with our last license upgrade which happened 3 days ago, when we bought 10 more DocumentCALs

I've made sure no other application in repository has any other CALs assinged.

No other changes were made under Server Settings in the past 10 days, excepting the allocation of DocumentCALs and user assignment for new employees, but this is our basic routine since the server license had only 10 DocumentCALs which we upgraded by little to the current 50.

I've checked the CAL's assignment of my users (under Users tab of QMC) and it seems the DocumentCAL is somehow doubled for PURCHASE_BETA.QVW (see attached image)

When trying to delete one of the 2 allocations on PURCHASE_BETA.QVW (either the real one or the fake double), the user is put under Quarantine for the entire PURCHASE_BETA.QVW. Quarantine is not a great option since QlikView is vital for our daily activity

How can I restore the 11 unusable DocumentCALs? Has anyone before confrounted with this kind of issue?

Thank you!

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Solved!

I've set the DocumentCAL Limitation to 0, then back to No Limitation

Now everything is back to normal.