Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

what is the Solution to fix Allocated Memory Exceeded error in the Server Environment

Hi..

This is Prem , I am a Developer working Qlik View ..i am getting "Allocated Memory Exceeded" in few of my graphs(Both BAR & Pivot table).The Report has large DATA, here is the Expression "Count(distinct if(linesummary<>'O',CarCostNo))" .

I am not getting any error in the development Environment(Enterprise Edition version 8.20.5402.2) but if post the report in the Qlik view server and try open the Graphs its showing Allocated Memory Exceeded error and after i get this error the communication between the Server and Client is lost.

Please help me on this ...

Thanks in Advance..BR Prem

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

R U using 32 bit r 64 bit server for qlikview?

how much RAM u r using?

Not applicable
Author

1.first check ur linking/joining if they r correct,it will be solved automatical..if it dont get solved then follow below method/

Do one thing correct output display of data from number tab of chart properties,remove automatic memory calculation.

Not applicable
Author

Dear Anwar Thanks for your suggestion

Not applicable
Author

Hi anwar .. i checked the Graphs number property .. i have selected integer number formate..

Thing is that i am not getting the Allocated Memory Exceeded error in the Enterprise Edition. I am getting the error in Server ( v8.01 and 32 bit server)

after the graph shows Allocated Memory Exceeded error ,Server closes the entire report and Throws the the message "Communication lost , Closing Report"

Could you please tell me where i could find the automic memory calculation detail ..

Thanks ! ..Prem

Not applicable
Author

Hi prem

Check in Wat Operating System (OS) Click view is installed ( 64 bit or 32 bit)

wat Qlikview and Qlikview Server version u r using (64 bit r 32 bit)

If all are same then check the RAM Size..

Check also the expression... Data modelling.. Use Alias table or joins if the fields used in the expression are from diff tables not directly linked.. in that case use alias table, it will be solved.

Regards

Ashok Kumar

Not applicable
Author

hi prem,

Goto user preferences from tool bar,click on objects tab.there is one check box named "Ignore Calculations Limit",uncheck it and then in chart propertied on general table below is one option called memory click on it..and assign maximum value which it can hold 514...........,ok.this problem usually occurs when their is ny data linking problem..so u can find it thorugh as ,disable all expression and enable them one by one and observe where it is giving pblm.through this u can find where is the problem in ETL script.it'll definilty solve ur pblm for memory..All d best

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Prem,

These types of questions are generally pretty hard to answer without looking at the document itself. In my humble experience, the allocated memory exceeded is usually caused either by the data structure and the way the dimensions relate to each other and to the fields used in the expressions.

If your pivot table has any dimensions pivoted horizontally you might want to watch out for using Suppress when value is null in combination with Show all values as this can create certain unexpected results since null values are created for non existant combinations of the dimension values when the chart is pivoted.

The expression you're mentioning is a likely culprit as well, especially when you mention that the document carries a lot of data. Count(distinct .... is a rather "expensive" operation and with a nestled if statement that matches a field against a string value, O, this could bog down a chart. For an easy first step towards re-writing the expression I'd suggest using a flag instead of CarCostNo and do a sum instead of a count. Another thing could be to add a flag for the linesummary as well. This requires some script work though since you only want to add a flag value for distinct CarCostNo's but I believe that a small rewrite now would keep the document in better shape as the amount of data grows.

Not applicable
Author

We had the same problem, a pivot table object displayed under certain selections the message "Allocated Memory Exceeded". The document was developed with 8.50 SP1 or SP2 32 bit Qlikview and it worked fine. Then we published to to our Qlikview Publisher 64 bit environment and the problem occured. After struggling quite a while, I just cloned the object - and bingo it worked 🙂

Not applicable
Author

In some cases, it also happened that expressions were correct but amount of data was too important to handle.

If you're sure of your expressions, it is possible to increase the memory on your Qlikview Server control panel (Memory limit). But you need to be sure that you have enough RAM on your server to increase it.