Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikView and R

Hi

Has anyone attempted getting QlikView and R talking to eachother?

I would like to do advanced statistical computing in R without having to go via Excel.

Thanks.

Joao.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
24 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much for this.

I will try it out.

Joao.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Henric

Thank you very much for this. i have got it working. Unfortunately, I'm still fairly new to QlikView and want to learn what I can bring back into QlikView from R, slowly, by working through the lines of code in the example. I'm also concerned that certain things may not be possible to bring back.

I would therefore like to ask if there is anyway to see the information in R once it has been passed through. I have R open, and can pass the information through, but I can't see it in the R session. I think this is becasue the code initializes a new R session, but don't know if this is the reason.

Is there any way to pass the information through to R, and then go an play with it in R?

Thanks.

Joao.

elif-tutuk
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Joao-

The example that is available in the kit (Henric provided the link above) uses a R COM object to allow QlikView and R communication. This communication is 2 ways; QV can pass data to R, and QV can get data from R (Please note that the method that is used to get the data from R to QV -R.GetSymbol- may not be supported with the latest version of R, I think there is a new method but I did not have the chance to research). But the solution already does what you are asking. If you want to pass the data from QV to R, and then continue to interact with it in R, you can use the "copytoclipboard" option in QV to copy the selected data into clipboard and then you can use the R functionality to get the data from clipboard to R and continue to interact with the data in R. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks a lot,

Elif.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Elif.

I have resolved the problem by using Rcom instead of RDcom, which allows me to see the data passed through to R in my existing R session. I'll now work on understanding exactly what can be passed back into QV (data only, or other things like plots).

Thank you very much for the assistance.

Joao

Sent from my iPad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm now getting an error 'Type mismatch' when trying to update my values in QlikView. Unfortunately, I can't debug the code to see what is being pulled through and where it is failing. If anyone has any ideas, your input would be welcome.

Thanks.

Joao

Not applicable
Author

I'm getting the same error!

I can get the data from R to Qlikview, with the correct count (check it by UBound), but I can't show any data, it will say "Type mismatch".

Not applicable
Author

Hi Elif,

If the GetSymbol is not supported in the latest R, which verion of R is it supporting?

I wonder if the author of the demo can run the demo or not.

Martin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I got this to work by passing through one value at a time. Seeing as I was looping anyway to write the values into my data, I ask R for one value at a time.

Sent from my iPad