Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ignoring dimension in a chart

I have a problem with a chart that i build.

The chart has a line which monitors usage per day and accumalates this, so it is a (mostly) linear line upwards.

I also have a formula which calculates the expected endpoint of this line so usage this month till today, defided by the amount of days this month till today, multiplied by the number of days in the month.

third I have a formula which calculates the amount of data which is available to use. This is amount of users times the amount the user can use.

These last two formulas are not within the dimension (not linked to days) and therefore does not display correctly. I would like to know if there is a adject for the expression which calculates the formula and uses only the result in the chart.

If i use just a number as the expression, for instance 1203, it creates astraight line in the chart. So i want the expression to do just that, calculate the number and place it as a straight line.

Kind regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
whiteline
Master II
Master II

So as you've used DataServiceType as dimmension use it in your expressions for line chart:

=sum(total<DataServiceType> Cdr_DataKB)/1024/count(DISTINCT total<DataServiceType> Cdr_StartDay)

=sum(total<DataServiceType> Cdr_DataKB)/1024/count(DISTINCT total<DataServiceType> Cdr_StartDay)*avg(total<DataServiceType> monthdays)

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

can you post a .qvw sample of problem?

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Yes just give a sample copy....it will be good.

Not applicable
Author

Is there a quick How-to to make an example? My dataset is huge and on a remote secure server. I would not know how to recreate something like it in excell and make a qvw out of it...

So there is no quick set expression trick like: "UseNumericValue()" or anything like that?

Not applicable
Author

QV community.png

The yellow and the green line have to become straight horizontal lines. The formula from yellow is ([usage till today] / [days till today]) * [days of the month]

The problem is that it uses the dimension when i do not want it to. Normally the expression would return one value, now it returns values for each different day..

Not applicable
Author

You can try with Set Analysis:

Yellow Expression:

=(sum({$<Cdr_StartDay=>}[usage till today]) / sum({$<Cdr_StartDay=>}[days till today])) * sum({$<Cdr_StartDay=>}[days of the month])

Hope this helps

Regards

Mc

Not applicable
Author

Thank you mario,

but this doesn't work, using "cdr_startday=" causes to ignore selections in the cdr_startday, not the dimension of the graph.

Can it be so difficult? if i calculate the value in a table without dimension cdr_startday I get a value. If i type this value in the chart expressions there is a straight line...

Not applicable
Author

Try to create 2 graphs and overlay them  , with transparent background for the second

Fisrt graph=Dimension,Blue Line Expression

Second Graph = without dimension,Yellow Line Expression,Green Line Expression

All with your formulas,without Set Analysis

MC

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Mario,

I tried to avoid that because at some point it will be messed up (selections, dragging, changing axis). But i guess i could try it..

Still a other solution is welcome!

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try

Suppose if you have Dimension1, Dimension2 then you can ignore Dimension2 by using

=Sum(TOTAL<Dimension2> Sales)

Regards,

Jagan.