cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johan_ennerup
Former Employee
Former Employee

Governance Dashboard and Publisher reloads

One of my customers have tried the governance dashboard in a test environment. Manual reloads with the Desktop client works just fine, but a Publisher reload of the Governance Dashboard is not working.

The QlikView Script Log shows this:

11/7/2012 1:14:22 PM:           Error: expressor dataflow execution failed.

11/7/2012 1:14:22 PM:           dataflow controller - ETASK-0017-N: Using Desktop license for Qlikview Expressor Processor; resource utilization limited. (etask.controller)

11/7/2012 1:14:22 PM:           expressor dataflow execution utility (etask) 3.8.0.23176 n (Build 23176) Oct  4 2012

11/7/2012 1:14:22 PM:           dataflow controller - ETASK-0074-F: etask is terminating due to 'MapFileException': (etask.controller)

11/7/2012 1:14:22 PM:           dataflow controller - MMAP-0503-A: Unable to find the license file folder:

11/7/2012 1:14:22 PM:            Neither LOCALAPPDATA nor APPDATA is set.

11/7/2012 1:14:22 PM:          

11/7/2012 1:14:22 PM:            (etask.controller)

Licensing issue?

Any ideas?

4 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Johan - I assume the QVGD is installed on the same machine that executes Publisher tasks?

Let me do some investigation over here and I'll get back to you shortly.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
johan_ennerup
Former Employee
Former Employee
Author

Yes, it's the same machine. We didn't run the script manually with the service account however. Perhaps something related to the user profiles.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Johan - I think you might be on to something. Here are our thoughts:

My guess is that you are running Publisher under a service account which does not have APPDATA nor LOCALAPPDATA defined which results in the error.

The error appears to be coming from the engine and not from the connector. 

It is my understanding that the Publisher is supposed to run under a normal user account which should avoid this error.

Is Publisher configured to start under a service account rather than a normal (either local or domain)  user account?

Thanks,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
johan_ennerup
Former Employee
Former Employee
Author

The service account is a normal domain user that we use to run the QlikView services. Perhaps these folders are missing since the customer never has logged in manually with that account.

We will investigate further and see what happens if we log in with the service account manually. Things may be created in the user profile that the QVGD is dependent on.

It's not very common however to log in with the account that is used to run the services.