Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filter possible list items in List Box

Good morning.  I'm new to Qlikview so apologies if this is a silly question however I cannot seem to find a solution and was hoping you could help.

I have a set of data available and would like to use this on a dashboard as a potential filter item for individual managers to select their teams and then their peer teams for comparison, however I only want the list box on the dashboard to contain a subset of the entire list.  Is this possible?

So for example, if the data contains a filed entitled "Team" and in that team list there were listed 20 teams however for the list box potential selection I wanted to show only 5 of those teams, how can I do this?

I've tried playing with the list box to hide escluded items, but this then does not allow them to see the other 4 items for future selection when looking at peer comparison.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

4 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Following link would help. http://community.qlik.com/message/163230#163230 Regards. Siva

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you want to filter the values in your list box, you can either create a new field in your team table with only the values you want to display, or create a field expression in your list box (select <Expression> from the field drop down list in properties) then enter something like

=if( match( Team, 'Team1', 'Team2', 'Team3', 'Team4', 'Team5'), Team)

Not applicable
Author

Hi swuehl,

You are absolutely right, that resolved my problem.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!! Helped me!