Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ODBC Connection to SQL Server

Hi all,

I'm Trying to connect from my Local Machine to SQLServer database  (Which is located in another server) using another ActiveDirectory ID.

When Creating DSN's , i think we can't edit the AD Account Details .

Let me know is there a way to Connect

Thanks in Advance

Capture.JPG

3 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I don't think you need to (or can) set the AD account on a DSN. The AD option uses a trusted connection, which is your account (or if the DSN is used from a service - such as QVS - the service account). So it is unnecessary to set the account because the account is determined by the calling context, not the DSN.

The options that are grayed out are for SQL Server authentication (and are not AD related).

If you cannot connect to the server, then you need to change the login permissions for the account on the SQL server.

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jonathan,

But I can't login using my NT ID, as i'm logging through Remote ,

I have to use their Id/ Password to access the Server and database.

Any suggestions on how to connect  ?

Thanks

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Trusted connection will use the credentials that you logged into the remote computer. The DSN is not affected, but the SQL Server must permit access to the remote login credentials.

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein