Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IEPlugin Upgrade ...

Is it possible to upgrade the IEPlugin?

Or does a particular release, e.g. V 10 SR4 come with a particular IEPlugin and that "upgrades" to the plugin only happen as a side result of installing a newer version, e.g. V 10 SR5?

5 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Daniel,

You need to start moving away from the plugin, because Microsoft is ending the OCX support.

To answer your question is that each release has a new Plugin. The plugin has to support any new features that might be released with the new version. You have to manually install the new plugin.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

In the original question I was referring to the IEPlugin that is downloadable from the AccessPoint.

Are you saying that with Microsoft dropping OCX support QlikTech will drop the IEPlugin from the AccessPoint and AJAX will be the only interface for viewing qvw files on the AccessPoint?

Also, we currently embed the OCX in our application so that QVW files can be viewed from within our application. The OCX is used to access qvw files via the Windows file system. There is no migration path away from this embedded OCX until QlikTech provides a replacement technology (.NET ?). We have heard rumors of such a replacement but have heard nothing official from QT.

Daniel Lipkie, Senior Software Development Engineer

Terra Technology | Accurate. Current. Consistent.

206 204 9514

425 241 5682 (cell)

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

My understanding is Microsoft is ending support for OCX in IE in the future.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Yes that is my understanding also.

How does that impact the two questions I raised:

1) Are you saying that with Microsoft dropping OCX support QlikTech will drop the IEPlugin from the AccessPoint and AJAX will be the only interface for viewing qvw files on the AccessPoint?

2) Also, we currently embed the OCX in our application so that QVW files can be viewed from within our application. The OCX is used to access qvw files via the Windows file system. There is no migration path away from this embedded OCX until QlikTech provides a replacement technology (.NET ?). We have heard rumors of such a replacement but have heard nothing official from QT.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

If MS stops supporting OCX in IE then the current plugin will not work and I don't know what is in the works to replace that. On your second question I don't work on the OEM side so you would have to contact you account manager to get that answered.