Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException

Hello

The thing is when i go to the console in the task looking for users they dont apppear 😞

Active directory and local are ok

It could be the service?

Any help plss

----

One error

10/14/2012 6:30:18 AM    Error    . Exception:

QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributeToResourcesFailedException: Distribute to resource failed. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.DscOffLineException: Failed to AddNamedUsers

at QDSMain.Support.DSCHelper.AddNamedUsers(ILogBucket logBucket, XmlDocument xml, List`1 namedUsers, FileSystemPluginHelper fileSystemPluginHelper)

at QDSMain.Support.DSCHelper.GetFileSystemSecurity(ILogBucket logBucket, FileSystemPluginHelper fileSystemPluginHelper, List`1 recipients)

at QDSMain.QlikViewServerDistributionResource.CreateSettingsBlock(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, FileSystemPluginHelper i_FileSystemPluginHelper, String i_SourceDocumentName, DateTime i_LastUpdate, DateTime i_NextUpdate, Boolean i_EventDriven, String i_Category, eDistributionFileType i_TotalDistributionFileTypeMask, FilePackageContainer i_FilePackageContainer)

at QDSMain.QlikViewServerDistributionResource.Distribute(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, DistributionRequest i_DistributionRequest)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributeStreamToResources(Int32 round, Distribution distribution, IEnumerable`1 distributionResources)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributeStreamToResources(Int32 round, Distribution distribution, IEnumerable`1 distributionResources)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributionExecution(String fileName, Document qvbDocument, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, TaskResult taskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Distribution(String fileName, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, TaskResult taskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

-----------------

Another error

Error    Exception=QDSMain.Exceptions.NoRecipientsException: DSC returned no users or groups. May be configured incorrect?

at QDSMain.Support.DSCHelper.AddNamedUsers(ILogBucket logBucket, XmlDocument xml, List`1 namedUsers, FileSystemPluginHelper fileSystemPluginHelper)

10/14/2012 7:00:13 AM    Error    Could not fetch FileSystemSecurity. Exception=QDSMain.Exceptions.DscOffLineException: Failed to AddNamedUsers

at QDSMain.Support.DSCHelper.GetFileSystemSecurity(ILogBucket logBucket, FileSystemPluginHelper fileSystemPluginHelper, List`1 recipients)

at QDSMain.FolderDistributionResource.Distribute(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, DistributionRequest i_DistributionRequest)

10/14/2012 7:00:13 AM    Error    Distribution to resources failed with errors. Warnings: 0, Errors: 2

10/14/2012 7:00:13 AM    Error    The task "Dashboard Compliance" failed. Exception:

QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: Distribution to resources failed with errors. Warnings: 0, Errors: 2

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.RevertOneAndAlwaysOne(Document qvbDocument)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.ReleaseQvb(Document qvbDocument)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Distribution(String fileName, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, TaskResult taskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue)

at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I am having same issue.   Have you figured this one out?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

It appears that Publisher can't distribute the document because the Directory service is offline (DscOffLineException). Make sure all your Qlikview Services are up and running.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill. All services were running. I deleted task and recreated and it ran fine.

Not applicable
Author

the services are running always

i got 2 problem

1. active directory - in the end of week fail the distribution because not found the users but the services still running

2. login issues access point -  work for sometime then dont access... i restart the service and work but this happen like every week

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Alejandro,

QlikView Directory service has nothing to do with Authentication, that is a Windows function. It sounds like to me that at times your AD is not answering requests.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

11/12/2012 17:46:30.2056487     Information     Attempting to start DSC soap server at port 4730...

11/12/2012 17:46:31.8436515     Information     (LocalDirectory.LocalDirectoryProvider) Setting up path local://RPDSQL02

11/12/2012 17:46:32.1088520     Information     Initializing done

11/12/2012 17:46:40.3300664     Warning     (LocalDirectory.LocalDirectoryProvider) Exception in background directory reader: The network path was not found.

this time fail at the local directory

the active directory i remove it

The network path was not found..... thn is local in the computer  how can not found it? pls help

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Bill,

I faced the same issue using version 11.20 SR4.

take a look hereError QDSMain.Exceptions.DscOffLineException: Failed to AddNamedUsers

what could be the reason ?

Thanks.

Regards

Andrea

Not applicable
Author

I had the same error, reason was I didn't have a user or group assigned to the task for distribution.