Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Autonumber and Group by clause

Hi,

I have a table with subscriptions, transactions and transaction types. Subscriptions are comprised of transactions of various transaction types. For each subscription I would like to create a counter on a transaction level to track the number of certain transaction types that the subscription has made. I'm able to use the autonumber function to do this, however, unable to limit it to only numerate transactions with a specific subscription. Ideally, I would group by subscriptions, then by transactions in ascending order and assign a number to each transaction which meets specific conditions.

Explanation may sound confusing so I've attached an example to work with.

I think I'm pretty close to getting this to work, so if anyone has the time to give it a look it would be much appreciated.

Best,

Matt

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
somenathroy
Creator III
Creator III

The link below may address your solution.

http://community.qlik.com/message/277287#277287

Regards,

Som

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If you want to limit the records, use a straight table chart and specify your limit on Dimension Limits tab.

Regards,

Janzen

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Janzen,

That's not exactly what I need.

I want to group subscriptions and then tranancations and assign a number in asending order to each transaction in the subscription.

Hopefully that's clearer. I aso have an example attached.

Best,

Matt

somenathroy
Creator III
Creator III

The link below may address your solution.

http://community.qlik.com/message/277287#277287

Regards,

Som

Not applicable
Author

Hai,

Som has given the correct link.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the help!

I should be able to use this for what I'm doing. If I have an issue I may need to ask another question.

Thanks again.

Matt