Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Set Analysis question

Folks,

I'm having a brain freeze, please help!

I have daily Sales numbers and monthly Plan numbers. The monthly Plan is recorded with the date of the MonthStart() - e.g. 1/1/2009, etc...

I want to show a line chart with daily sales and average daily Plan (e.g. the Plan for the same Month divided by 20). Can I do it with the set analysis? No matter what I do, I'm getting some numbers only on the 1st of each month, but not on other dates...

thanks in advance!

Oleg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Oleg,

Took a few try at your sample app, can't really see a way to use set analysis for this. If it's just a graph you need you may want to consider changing the line style to "plateau" else you would need to add Year/Month dimensions to make it work.

You might also want to consider loading the budget already distributed per date.

Here's what I got so far...

http://community.qlik.com/members/danielrozental/files/sample-budget-app-v1.qvw.aspx

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable

Don't know your data model but you could put the Plan number in a separate table, linked by Month (or MonthYear), then it would be associated with all daily values.

Tom

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Oleg, can you post a sample app for us to take a look at?

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Folks,

here is a sample that I generated to demonstrate the problem. The sales have daily numbers and the budget - only monthly (recorded on the 1st of each month). Because Sales and Budget have more than one key in common, I chose to concatenate the tables (in the real application, there are more tables that are concatenated together), and it's not too easy to use Link Tables instead...

appreciate any ideas,

Oleg

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Oleg,

Took a few try at your sample app, can't really see a way to use set analysis for this. If it's just a graph you need you may want to consider changing the line style to "plateau" else you would need to add Year/Month dimensions to make it work.

You might also want to consider loading the budget already distributed per date.

Here's what I got so far...

http://community.qlik.com/members/danielrozental/files/sample-budget-app-v1.qvw.aspx

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Thanks Daniel!

Plateau is a brilliant work around! Haven't thought of it.

thanks!

Oleg