Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bluishjoe
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sort List Box by state and then by date

Hi, I have a List Box and its value is calculated by the expression

=MakeDate(ORDYEAR,ORDMONTH,ORDDAY)

I would like its values to be sorted first by state (possible or not possible) and then by its date value. I can't see this possibility to use more than one sorting rule giving them different priorities. Is there a way? Thanks!

7 Replies
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

use

sort by state and sort by number option in the sort tab

bluishjoe
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks.

I tried that: sort by State Auto Ascending (or Ascending) and by Numeric Value Ascending.

But it sorts by numeric value and possible values are mixed inside non-possible ones.

I need all possible values on the top, sorted by date, and then all non-possible values.

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Is that list box doesn't have scroll? i mean all data in listbox can be viewable without scrolling?

Celambarasan

bluishjoe
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It does have a scroll, it is a long list of dates.

Not applicable

I have the same problem (10 SR5). Sort works fine for State if the list is a simple field. But when I use an expression for the list I can't seem to do anything to make the items sort by state so that only valid options will show first.

In my case I have one list box that shows the system $Table values. If the user Qliks on a table then the other list box will show the $Field values. However, I don't want to show all of them I'm using the expression below to limit them.

= IF(Left($Field,1) <> '_' and Len($Field)>2, $Field)

Not applicable

Do you have tried the match-expression?

Match (text, mask_expr1, ...)

Own example:

Match( Day, 'Monday','Tuesday'.......,'Sunday')

bluishjoe
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Patryk! How does your suggestion can be applied to my case?

Match(...) should replace MakeDate(...)?

Note that I need a List Box with a list of dates in the form DD/MM/YYYY or similar.