Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

% of Total Calculation

Hi all,

I am still relatively new to QV so bear with me! Set up a pivot tables based mostly on Product and month. Product is the row and month total sales is each column (has to be set up this way - for now).

Line 1:

PRODUCT     JAN     FEB     MAR...     YTD

Product A     $10     $20     $17 etc through December and YTD

After the YTD column there should be a % of Total column. I would like this to do Product A / Total Revenue on Line 1 (Product A), Product B / Total Revenue on Line 2, etc.

Shouldn't be so hard to figure out, I wouldn't think! My challenge here is telling the expresion that Line 1 should only be Product A / Total, while Line 2 should be Product B / Total. A very basic excel template is shown to protect product names.

Hope that makes sense. Thank you very much!QV example.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you add an expression in the pivot table with month pivoted to columns then it will be shown as a column for every value of month. It is possible to add a calculated dimension: num(aggr(sum(Revenue),Product)/sum(total Revenue),'##.# %') to show directly after the product column.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you add an expression in the pivot table with month pivoted to columns then it will be shown as a column for every value of month. It is possible to add a calculated dimension: num(aggr(sum(Revenue),Product)/sum(total Revenue),'##.# %') to show directly after the product column.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the tip! I used =sum(Revenue)/sum (total Revenue). Your answer worked as well.