Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional show without field selections

Hello,

Please see attached file as an example..

I need to be able to display objects and current field selections should not impact their conditional show. So, from the attached example, objects 1-6 should always show on the left side, while 7-9 on the right side. I am thinking that conditional show should include both sequencenumber and range field definitions (e.g. 1 and on time) but that does not work for me.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Mayil, Khaled,

thanks for your ideas. Got it to work as I wanted to. See attached file and to see it work, change ranges between on time and not on time.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MayilVahanan

HI

Are you  expecting something attached file?

And also have doubts in your requirement. Can you say in detail?

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks but not quite there.

Maybe my initial requirement description wasn't good enough.

2 quadrants

1) left quadrant should display ONLY those sequencenumbers that are ON TIME

2) right quadrant should dispaly ONLY those sequencenumbers that are NOT ON TIME

I reckon I have to create 9 objects in each quadrant and then apply conditions to them.

End result should be:

left quadrant: display objects 1 - 6

riht quadrant: dispaly objects 7 - 9

Note that values in the range field can change.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Check out Mayil's solution.

If I understood your requirement clearly, you can make your objects independent of selections by using a conditional show statement that looks something like this:

only({1}Match(sequencenumber,'1'))

Hope that helps.

-Khaled.

MayilVahanan

HI

Check the not on time .

But make sure that, you can use only() function in conditional, then u must select any one range in it. In this attached file, you can see the demo. You can also use maxstring()/minstring() function instead of only(), but i have doubt, if no selection in range means, which objects want to display..so i put like this..

Edit:

PFA

Miss to attached.

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Mayil, Khaled,

thanks for your ideas. Got it to work as I wanted to. See attached file and to see it work, change ranges between on time and not on time.

Thanks!