Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sureshbaabu
Creator III
Creator III

Export server objects

Hello,

I wanted to check; if there is a possibility to export/save/backup the 'Server objects' that were created by the end users.

If this can be achieved, Please help with the process

Thank you,

Suresh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Server objects are stored in the .share files. You could back these up. Not sure if that is the answer you are looking for or not.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable

You can move a server object to a document by opening the document in the desktop client with "open in server" (using the same credentials as the object owner), then open the collaboration pane, select your server object, copy it, and paste it on a local document.

sureshbaabu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the response George!!!

I am the ADMIN for the server and I wanted to export/backup all the objects created by the end users.

could you please help with the process to acheive that?

Thanks

Not applicable

Unfortunately I do not know any other way to do that than manually opening document/copying/pasting object to achieve that.

sureshbaabu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Not a Problem. Let's wait to hear back from other experts

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Server objects are stored in the .share files. You could back these up. Not sure if that is the answer you are looking for or not.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
sureshbaabu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Bill,

Thank you very much!!!

you are correct. I was looking for the same.

It takes the backup of the server objects.

But when restoring the backed up  ‘.shared’ file; we might have to take the backup of the new/existing ‘.shared’ file. Since it reads only from one ‘.shared’ file for an application.

Is there a process to merge two ‘.shared’ file of an application into one '.Shared' ? (2 different backed up files of an application)

Thanks

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

There isn't any way to merge the files.

When I was a trainer I would teach that as an Admin you should keep an eye on what the users are sharing and if a lot of people are using the same thing put that object into the orginal QVW.

Bill

sureshbaabu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

That's a great idea.... Thank you for your Help!!!