Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

When modifying fields, charts and boxes disappear but reappear when you move them

For example, I'll have a 4x6 container with different charts in it (such as traffic lights) and for some reason, when I changed the field, some graphs disappear and just show as a white blank space, and others don't. If I change the selection, sometimes it will go back to normal, or a different set of charts will appear and disappear. If I grab the corner of the box or container and move it, it will update the chart and display them all. This makes presentations with QlikView very frustrating. Is there an issue going on? I figure it has to do with my computer and not the program itself.

Has anyone had the same problem and found a way to fix it?

This happens with any size database, so it's not an issue of an overly large database.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Perhaps, the charts you mentioned are affected by the selections you make. If the chart has no data for the selected values, it will display nothing.

If the charts are displaying data when you click on the corners, it could be because clicking on the chart is resetting selections.

If its just read-only charts, you can make the expressions in charts independent of selections whereever possible. If not, you can try sharing a sample of the QVW so that community experts can get a better insight.

Is that what you are looking for?

Regards,

-Khaled.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

The only time I've seen this is when conditional-show has been enabled in the Layout tab of the chart, and then the charts are placed within a container. As a rule, once a chart is in a container, you should not have conditional-show enabled in the chart, but rather only on the container level itself. Try checking that.

Regards,

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

there is no conditional-show enabled for any part of the graph or container. it's not an issue with it completely evaporating and the rest of the charts moving within the container but rather it just goes all white and stays blank until I move the object itself.

Not applicable
Author

No, the selections remain the same after I move it. The chart has data, it just goes blank for some reason. It calculates correctly the number that I am looking for and follows the selection criteria.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Weird, must be some sort of corruption. Try open in Desktop, right-click each chart in the container and selecting "Clone." Then drag the cloned charts into a new container and see if the problem persists.

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I've entcountered the same problem in several off our Applications unsing a Container box.

It normaly occures only in the Qlikview Desktopview but not in Webview or Accesspoint.

Maybe you can check that with your Application.

Regards

Thomas