Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Drill Down in List showing multiple columns

Hi all,

I am pretty new with QlikView so, please bear with me.

This is my question. I am trying to create a List showing sells by Country for a specific Year. Also, when the client selects a specific country I need to do a drill down that shows the Country, Area and Sales Representative, IN THE SAME LEVEL, instead of showing only area and then Sales Rep.

Is there a way to create a Group dimension where it drill down in to two values at a time (it shows Country, Area and Sales Representative) once the drill down dimension is selected?

Thanks

Julian

7 Replies
its_anandrjs

Hi,

Yes it is possible create drill down metrics.

Regards,

Anand

Not applicable
Author

Can you please show me how?

its_anandrjs

Hi,

In a Dimension properties of chart go to edit groups -> create new group with

Country-Area-Sales_Representative and take this group as Drill-dow group by selecting Drill-down Group and use this group in dimension and in expression use sum of sales.

Regards,

Anand

Not applicable
Author

Well,

Maybe I was not clear explaining it. That's exactly what I have right now and it's what I don't want. If I do that, I will have to drill down each value to get to the last level. My request is, Select the first level value and show all values at once.

Kind Regards

Julian

its_anandrjs

Hi,

Can you provide any sample for this by explaining this in any tables in forum it self.

Regards,

Anand

Not applicable
Author

So this is what I mean,

This would be the top label view of the list:

tableA.jpg

And when the country is Selected, This fields should be shown:

tableB.jpg

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Julian

Not applicable
Author

Julian,

You can achieve this easily in version 11, as there is an option to have conditions on dimensions. On the other hand, version 10 (and older ones) do not have this flexibility. However, it can be achieved by having two charts with Show condition like IF(GetSelectedCount(Country)>0,1,0) .

Hope it helps