Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Delete records in Incremental Loading

I am trying to update and delete my records.....I am using two qvd files for updating.....Qvd1 has data till Nov 13th and qvd2 has till sysdate.....I loaded Qvd1 and created Maxdate and the loaded Qvd2 >Maxdate and Concatenated with QVD1.....So I got Updated Records......Now if any records are deleted in the database How should I write the code....I have some idea about that like using a primary key given by Rob.....But I am Not clear....Can anyone help me out in this.....

4 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

There definitely has to be a key of some sort to allow you to identify each record, or else you would never even know that it was deleted. This may very well have to be a solution created by your DBAs--e.g. a stored procedure that would write a table of IDs of records that have been deleted in the last week. You would need to query this table when you reload. If you want to only use QlikView for the solution without bothering your DBAs, you would have to lose most of the benefits of incremental loading.

Regards,

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Dear ,

in Qlikview Help you will find a Procedure how to perform Incremental Load in detail.

i think that will help you.

Thanks,

Mukram.

Not applicable
Author

I am having a primary key, but I am not sure how to use it in the code.....I have 2 QVDs how should I check with primary keys and delete the Recods.....If you dont mind can you be specific with code......Tnx.....

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Assuming that the DBAs provide a table of record IDs that have been deleted?