Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Production server is releasing Named CALs instead of Document licenses

Hi,

I have a production server that is releasing Named CALs instead of Document licenses/CALs, why is that ?

Is it because I have Allow dynamic CAL assignment ? or is it something else ?

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dde
Employee
Employee

You cannot delete CALs if they have been used in the last 24 hours.

Once they are at least 24 hours you should be able to delete the CALs.  Once the CALs have gone and you set the number of Document CALs to 0, once the QVW has gone and you refresh the QMC the ghost document should disappear.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Why is no one helping me on this ?? Does anyone know why this is happening ? Is there any MODS in here that can answer this ?

thanks,

dde
Employee
Employee

Heh, Mods are there to Moderate not to necessarily answer questions (although they often do! )

If you have a mixture of Named and Document CALs then Named CALs always take priority if you have "Allow Dynamic Assignment" checked on both.

I suggest if you want Document CALs to be the primary source of CALs that you uncheck Dynamic Assignment against your Named CALs and check it against the Document CALs against each document (QMC/Documents tab/User Documents subtab, click the document and look for Document CALs tab in the right pane).  You will then have to assign Named CALs statically.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the response.

So your saying on the system tab - Licenses - Client Access Licenses Cals uncheck theses two ?

Named.jpg

and in (QMC/Documents tab/User Documents subtab - document CALs) I check the Allow dynamic CAL assignment ? or I can assign them directly with the Assign CAL ? right ?

document.jpg

Thanks,

dde
Employee
Employee

Almost, I wouldn't uncheck "Licence Lease" as that's a different feature altogether.

Against Document CALs you might consider checking "Dynamic Assignment" yes.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Dave,

I will try it and let you know.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dave,

Ok that worked for the doc cals, but now I have a document thats stuck in the User Documents and I can't remove it and it got 2 document cals assign to it.

How can I remove it from the user documents and how to remove the two assigned doc cals ?

thanks,

dde
Employee
Employee

You cannot delete CALs if they have been used in the last 24 hours.

Once they are at least 24 hours you should be able to delete the CALs.  Once the CALs have gone and you set the number of Document CALs to 0, once the QVW has gone and you refresh the QMC the ghost document should disappear.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Dave.