Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do users access the qvw ,Once Publishers mails it to them ?

Hi,

Though I  have dabbled with server,I'm new to publisher.

My question is ,

Lets say an oraganisation has 400 business users.After publisher reduces the document and mails the qvw  to the 400 users.

1) How do the users access the qvw ? Do they have to have a licensed copy of  qlikview installed on the system in order to open it.Because trying to create 400 mounted folders..ie 1 folder for each user on the server doesnot make sense.

So how do users access theses reduced document.Having 400 licensed copies of  Qlikview installed on 400  systems doesn't make sense to me,cos that would be very expensive .

In my organisation we don't have publisher, so I deploy it on the server with different mounted foldeers for different groups , so that only users can access qvw belonging to they group.

Could someone guide me in  the rt direction

Thx

B

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes, each client would have to have to license a license from the server.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank u, Bill..

Then these reduced applications are not deployed on access point ? They are directly mailed to the releavant end user.

Thanks

Balraj

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Instead of mailing the qvw, you can distribute the reduced documents to the server. Then user's can access the document using standard client - Ajax or IE Plugin.

-Rob