Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Subject discart from statistics

Hi,

pls help me - i have a statistics with a list of subjects and their sums of turnovers. Now i need to discart some subject from the list,but i don´t know how. I mean a adjustment is in dimensions with subjects list (enable conditional),but my expression there doesn´t work. Is a location right,or should i adjust expression in expressions card.

Picture is in the attachment

thx a lot - i believe thats very simply,but your advice will be faster:-)

Jaromir

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

"Enable Conditional" does not filter a dimension, but rather decides whether the dimension is displayed at all. You have 3 choices for excluding your value:

1. Create a flag in the script and use set analysis in the chart expression. So if the value of the OPTIMDODAV.Fir field <> 'whatever' then set the flag to 1, then if you expression is sum(Sales) you would write sum({<Flag={1}>}Sales)
  2. Use set analysis without a flag. Which would look something like sum({<OPTIMDODAV.Fir-={'whatever'}>}Sales). This is not quite as optimized as the first solution since it requires set analysis to go across a text field rather than a numeric field.
  3. Use a calculated dimension. In the Dimensions tab, click "Edit" and change your dimension to if(OPTIMDODAV.Fir<>'whatever',OPTIMDODAV.Fir). You would need to check "Suppress When Value is Null." This is not as optimized since calculated dimensions always slow down chart calculation times.

Regards,

Vlad

View solution in original post

1 Reply
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

"Enable Conditional" does not filter a dimension, but rather decides whether the dimension is displayed at all. You have 3 choices for excluding your value:

1. Create a flag in the script and use set analysis in the chart expression. So if the value of the OPTIMDODAV.Fir field <> 'whatever' then set the flag to 1, then if you expression is sum(Sales) you would write sum({<Flag={1}>}Sales)
  2. Use set analysis without a flag. Which would look something like sum({<OPTIMDODAV.Fir-={'whatever'}>}Sales). This is not quite as optimized as the first solution since it requires set analysis to go across a text field rather than a numeric field.
  3. Use a calculated dimension. In the Dimensions tab, click "Edit" and change your dimension to if(OPTIMDODAV.Fir<>'whatever',OPTIMDODAV.Fir). You would need to check "Suppress When Value is Null." This is not as optimized since calculated dimensions always slow down chart calculation times.

Regards,

Vlad