Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

qlikview publisher 9 enterprise

Hi,

Does anyone know if an edition of Qlikview Publisher 9 Enterprise is available? On the Qlikview download web site, there is only a separate install file for publisher versions up to 8.5. If I want to download Publisher Enterprise 9, it only gives me the link to the QV Server 9 download link with comes with Publisher but its not Enterprise.

Thanks,

Yiling

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks guys but I got my answer from support. Apparently, I had the enterprise edition of Qlikview Server 9 all along. Basically if you registered a separate license number under the license tab in the Qlikview Management Console, chances are you have the Enterprise version.

I guess this means the configurations i'm looking for are lost.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

With the introduction of QlikView 9 the Publisher is no longer called Publisher Enterprise, but just Publisher.

Not applicable
Author

Hi yiling,

As far as I know, I think the publisher is removed from 9 version. The features of publisher are integrated in to the management console of the Qv server. I hope I am not wrong..

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the replies.

However, the version of Publisher that comes with Qlikview Server 9 seems to have only the functionalities of Qlikview Publisher Standard Edition 8.5 rather than the Enterprise Edition. Unless, I am wrong and the many different conifiguration options for AccessPoint etc that were available in Publisher Enterprise 8.5 are hidden somewhere in QV Server 9, there are many key features that I would like to have that I cannot seem to get to.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,

Yiling

Not applicable
Author

Hi yiling,

I dont know what were the features available in Standard and Enterprise edition but the features like

1) Reload

2)Reduce

3)Distribute

4)Triggers

are in Enterprise Management console integrated. Jobs are now named as tasks etc..I just saw a presentation from QV and did not still use it..

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for reply

I'm looking along the lines of security and access permissions in Publisher. In Publisher Enterprise 8.5, there was a web.config file for AccessPoint that made it possible for AccessPoint to be configured to recognize authentication claims. In QV Server 9, no such file exists, and there is no way to specifically set users permissions for users outside the local domain.

I contacted Qlikview support and they told me the version of Publisher that I have does not have the features I require, and I need the Enterprise edition. I thought I would ask the forums first before going back to support again since i usually get a faster response here.

Any other ideas?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks guys but I got my answer from support. Apparently, I had the enterprise edition of Qlikview Server 9 all along. Basically if you registered a separate license number under the license tab in the Qlikview Management Console, chances are you have the Enterprise version.

I guess this means the configurations i'm looking for are lost.

Not applicable
Author

how to get qlikview server package for installtion?

thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I like how you dug up a 3,5 years old thread

Anyway, downloads are available here:

http://download.qlik.com/

You'll need to log in to download other files than the QlikView Personal Edition though

Not applicable
Author

thanks for all.

i have got a package(named QlikViewDesktop_x64Setup.exe) from url you gived and installed.

it's just for desktop app.

i'd like to know how to publish qlikview documents to IIS and how it works with IIS.

now i can do nothing without to make desktop analysys.

by the way,need i have to get a license for qlikview server/publisher then i can make it working with IIS?