Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Limiting 1 Session per User

Hi,

I'm a little stumped on this one, but I basically want to limit the sessions to 1 per user.

The end result of this is to stop people from spreading their username/password to other people and sharing access concurrently.

I cannot use the "Max concurrent sessions" option for my document as this would still allow multiple people using the same username/password until that cap is met (theoretically).

My environment is currently deployed using the Ajax client. I'm using the latest 11 SR2 release.

Thanks in advance,

CG

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Think the only way you would be able to do this is to move to Named Cals. That way if they do give out their user name it can only be used by one person at a time, and if a second person logs in it kicks the first one off.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

The problem is I'm currently using several named cals and assigning one as a test to a username I created, but am still able to log on from two different machines each with unique IP addresses and each requesting logon details. Neither machine is getting booted off.

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Dear Rikard,

Qlikview allow access on multiple devices by default. But, a message  "Session Lost is showed for your users".

Like Bill mentioned, you need to config Named Call.

There isn´t a option "Allow only one session for each user"

Please, mark the CORRECT/HELPFUL comments.

Regards,

Ricardo Gerhard

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM