Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

alternate state

Hi,

I've two listbox for the same field , SALES_YEAR, with different state:

SALES_YEAR   associated to state 1

SALES_YEAR   normal list box without state declaration

Than, I've a pivot that should change on selection made by the SALES_YEAR  state 1, but the pivot always take in consideration the selections made by

the other list box SALES_YEAR without state. The pivot has state 1. Into my expressions, I'm using  sum(  <set analisys....  =only(getfieldselections(SALES_YEAR).... 

MAy I specify into the expression the state also , like   .....=only(getfieldselections(STATE.SALES_YEAR)  ?

In my mind I was convinced that all the controls with a different state should be disconnected from the rest (without state), but it seems not true, or

for sure, I'm making some mistake. Does anyone put me on the right track ?

Thanks in advance

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

How does your expression exactely looks like?

I assume you are implicetly or explicetly referring to default state in your set analysis expression.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

here my expression.

Sum({<YEAR_DB={$(=only(SALESYEAR-1))}, MONTH_DB={"<=$(=only(SALESMONTH))"}>} Salesvalue)

I want to sum all the salesamount based on the selectedyear(SALESYEAR) and selected month(SALESMONTH)

In this case I'0m trying to retrieve 2011 values.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Could you upload a small sample qvw, please?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It's bit hard, because it's a part of not so small application. What can I do to send you some info ?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

It would be best if you could create a small sample app with few data, that demonstrates your issue, but still being close to your data model (that could be the tricky part).

I was not able to reproduce the issue here, so I assume my setting is somewhat different.