Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikView and R

Hi

Has anyone attempted getting QlikView and R talking to eachother?

I would like to do advanced statistical computing in R without having to go via Excel.

Thanks.

Joao.

24 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thank you. It really works!

One data a time, very uncomfortable.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You're welcome.

I also change the connector to Rcom, and then I can see all my data in R directly, which makes it a lot easier to debug any problems. Try this out if you're having problems. Essentially, you're using the foreground server instead of the background server.

Sent from my iPad

Not applicable
Author

Hi jcfrasco,

How can I change the connector to Rcom?

Martin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Will need to look when I'm back at work tomorrow. Will let you know then.

Sent from my iPad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Use this instead:

Set R = CreateObject("RCOMServerLib.StatConnector")

Joao

STANLIB disclaimer and confidentiality notice:

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer to buy or sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of STANLIB. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of STANLIB. This e-mail is subject to terms available at the following link: http://www.stanlib.com/Pages/Disclaimer.aspx.

STANLIB is an authorised financial services provider.

elif-tutuk
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Martin-

I can run the demo on my laptop. The R version that I am using is R 2.1.2.2.

Thanks a lot!

Not applicable
Author

I've changed mine, but get this error "ActiveX component can't create object: 'RCOMServerLib.StatConnector' "

Should I download a new package from somewhere?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ivan

I don’t know enough about this to know whether it is a package issue, but I would try to re-download the packages. A few quick questions:

1. Does your full statement look like this: Set R = CreateObject("RCOMServerLib.StatConnector")

2. Did it work before you made the change?

3. Do you have the following packages: rcom and rcsproxy

Regards,

Joao

STANLIB disclaimer and confidentiality notice:

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer to buy or sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of STANLIB. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of STANLIB. This e-mail is subject to terms available at the following link: http://www.stanlib.com/Pages/Disclaimer.aspx.

STANLIB is an authorised financial services provider.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Elif,

I'm using R version 2.15.1  and  the GetSymbol method doesn't works.

It seems to works only with no multidimensional array.

Is it possibile ? or maybe is it a bug ?

How can I fix it ?

I need to know what method I have to use to get data from R to QlikView.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Andrea

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Martin,

Could you please send me the VBScript code used (looping) to fix the .qvw example ?

Many Thanks

Regards

Andrea